@

Saturday, September 10, 2011

instructions on how to replace a heater core on a 2001 Silverado.

THIS VIDEO GIVES BASIC INFO ON HOW TO TAKE HEATER CORE OUT:---


CLICK THE LINK :---


Remove the harness from the I/P. .



Remove the I/P assembly retaining bolts (3) and nuts (4).
Remove all harness hold down retainers from the I/P assembly.
Remove the I/P assembly from the vehicle.



Remove the I/P upper brackets.
Disconnect all the electrical connectors from the wiring harness junction block.
Remove the transfer case control module from the bracket, if equipped.
Remove the antenna cable from the cross car duct.
Remove the cross car duct.
Remove the amplifier, if equipped.
Separate the I/P harness from the carrier.
Do not remove the I/P harness from the vehicle.



If replacing the HVAC module, remove the right side of the carrier from the vehicle to gain access to the module.



Remove the I/P center support bracket bezel(1).



Important:Remove all of the parts of the I/P carrier assembly from the vehicle as 1 unit.
Remove the I/P center support bracket bolt.



Remove the I/P carrier side bolts.
The left side is shown, the right side is similar



Remove the I/P carrier top bolts(1).



Remove the I/P carrier(1) from the vehicle. [/ol]


Heater/Vent Module Replacement [/align][/align]
Removal Procedure
[ol]Drain the engine coolant.
If equipped remove the auxiliary battery.
Disconnect the heater hoses. Refer to the following procedures: [align=left]










Remove the instrument panel carrier.
Remove the HVAC module drain hose.



Disconnect the electrical harnesses and the ground connections as needed.



Remove the HVAC module mounting nuts and the screws.
Remove the HVAC module assembly from the vehicle. [/ol][/align]
Heater Core Replacement [/align][/align]
Removal Procedure
[ol]Remove the heater/vent module.
Remove the heater core cover screws.



Remove the heater core cover.

@